Recently in Non Gaming
It has been a little while since I've done one of these, as I've been quite busy lately with a pretty big move. What did we miss? Well, for one, the release of some pretty sweet new albums! This edition of This Week In Playlists covers three new albums: Wild Blood by Lovedrug, Blues Funeral by the Mark Lanegan Band, and Women and Work by Lucero. Check it out after the jump.
Continue reading Asphyx And The 11th Hour Album Presentation Show.
It's that time of the weekend again. Jon is presumably still passed out, but I'm awake now after a glorious tire fire last night in the backwoods of central Florida, so it looks like I'm the one leading you guys through this week's Hangover.
What have we been drinking? We're still on the vodka streak, as last night we moved on to the potent mix of Smirnoff Pear Vodka and 5 Hour Energy shots. Unfortunately, you can only have so many of these mixes before the caffeine becomes just a little too much, so after awhile we ditched the 5 Hour and finished the vodka off straight.
What else have we been up to?
- First off, just about everyone has seen the KONY 2012 ad campaign. War correspondant and expert in central African affairs Keith Harmon Snow offers up an excellent rebuttal. [YouTube]
- It has been a little while since we featured the Retsupurae guys here. Their latest video flashes back to an old Sega classic, Altered Beast. [YouTube]
- LSD also has the potential to treat alcoholism? A retrospective analysis of old studies is saying "yes." [Scientific American]
- We've been following The Coup and SSSC frontman Boots Riley on Facebook as he posts updates and commentary on the latest happenings with Occupy Oakland. [Facebook]
- Reading about Businessweek's financial analysis on social networking giant, Twitter. [Gawker]
- Listening to the fantastic new album by Memphis rockers Lucero, which is now up for free streaming before its release. [Rolling Stone]
Got any party stories to share from this week? Lets hear them in the comments, and until next week...
But anyway, the fine folks over at Buzzfeed have a delicious post of a worm found in a McDonald's burger. That's right, a worm, in a burger. The Finnish fellow who found the disruption to health and safety sitting inside his burger was definitely not pleased and grabbed a refund. Enjoy your lunch, people.
Hit the jump to see the actual photo and a lovely close-up.
Continue reading This'll Put You Off Your Lunch.
- Vodka. Again, lots and lots of vodka. This time round, Smirnoff was the vodka of choice. Mixed up with coke or 7-up was the way forward, and if I remember properly, lots and lots of shots.
- For some reason, looking at how wax replicas of cabbage are made. Looks tasty. [via Buzzfeed]
- Giggling at this Adventure Time clip all day. It's great, and I recommend watching the series too! [YouTube]
- Reading about how Lindsay Lohan is terrible at Pictionary and trying to remember if she's actually still relevant. [Buzzfeed]
- Checking out this USB Slingshot which is a match made in heaven for Angry Birds. [LikeCool]
- Reading about butt plugs and drunk driving in Florida. Need I say more? [Gawker]
- And watching in awe at some awesome Phantom shot super-slow-mo clips of the All-Star NBA game. Everything looks better in slow-mo. [YouTube]
The Modesto Bee reports that a 41 year old teacher at Enochs High School in Modesto has resigned and actually moved in with an 18-year-old-student. James Hooker was placed on administrative leave in early February and resigned over two weeks later. Jordan Powers only turned 18 in the past fall, but everything apparently has been consensual and nothing has happened before she was not classed as a minor.
He left behind a family, his wife and kids (one of which is a junior at the same school), all to move in with this girl - which of course has been met with mixed reactions from the community, but mostly shock, disapproval and betrayal.
The unlikely pair met when she was a freshman, and it's unknown when things actually started, but it wasn't until January when things started to get a bit fishy, as the teacher accompanied Jordan to the hospital after her younger brother was in the emergency room.
Read the full story at the source, and make up your own mind - is this a complete breach of trust or just two unlucky people who are following their hearts?
[Modesto Bee via NeoGAF]
Continue reading 41 Year Old Teacher Leaves Wife and Kids for 18 Year Old Girl.
Kim Dotcom was briefly the top ranked player in the world at Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, a feat which has since been glossed over since his time in prison. He made a YouTube video showcasing his rise to the top of the leaderboard and a celebration of cake afterwards.
Read the full story over at TorrentFreak.
Continue reading Kim Dotcom Remains A Free Man - For Now.
Here's what we've been drinking:
- Vodka. Lots and lots of vodka. Friday night's vodka of choice was Absolut. Mixed up with coke or 7-up is always decent and simple.
- Beer. Cheap beer for me last night, just a few cans of Carlsberg here and there.
- Cider. Straight off the tap, Gaymers pear cider is delicious. Recommended.
- I really cannot express what kind of feelings are evoked by Vice's fairly old, but still messed up guide, to sex with donkeys. [Vice]
- Getting crunked to the funky collaboration between Rusko and Cypress Hill. [YouTube]
- Reading about Rihanna being quite hypocritical on Twitter. [Buzzfeed]
- Watching the first 30 minutes to Asura's Wrath just confirms how insane the game is. [Gamespot on YouTube]
- Following Hollywood funnyman, and new Twitter user, Steve Carell. [Twitter]
- Checking out Gawker's pretty interesting feature on Adrian Chen finding the man behind everyone's favourite Twitter spam bot, Horse_ebooks. [Gawker]
Well no more. Because My Little Pony x The Human Centipede has happened, thanks to Etsy user Tat2oodMonster. Bringing two of the most horrible things in the world together in figurine form is either the greatest thing to happen to the internet, or plainly the worst. But in all honesty, I cannot think of something more worse than My Little Ponies defecating into each other's mouths whilst still proclaiming that Friendship Is Magic.
More images after the break.
Source: [Etsy via Technabob]
Continue reading My Little Pony Centipede: Friendship Is Horrible.
Meet our boy Kevin, who pretty much has to endure all this. Check some more of these texts after the break.
Continue reading Unlimited Texts + Crazy Girl = WTF.