Our weekly cocktail of our drinking exploits mixed with interesting things from around the web to keep you occupied on your hangover. From rad videos to interesting articles or just plain weird things, The Hangover finds the cool stuff on the web so you don't have to. Take it easy, grab that slice of pizza and feel free to not move from your bed - we've got it covered. And chances are, our night was just as crazy as yours, so we're in this together.
- Vodka. I have a love/hate relationship with vodka, and last night was more love than hate. But it isn't going to stop me from getting drunk. I was on the Smirnoff, as per usual, and kicked it back in every single style possible. Shots? Yup. Screwdrivers? Yup. With lemonade? Yup. And of course, the infamous vodka and Red Bull. Never change, vodka, you foul, foul beast.
- So, that #KONY2012? Dubbed as one of the "most viral videos of all time", and definitely quite controversial amongst viewers, but whatever the hell you think of it, at least check out how these Ugandans react to the video. Eye opening. [Buzzfeed]
- A possom on a snowboard. Need I say more? [FRONT]
- Australians that have had their mitts on the new iPad have decided to give a good ol' fashioned tear down for some glorious nerd porn. Mmm silicon. [RedmondPie]
- My Strange Addiction strikes again, but this time it's even weirder than usual. This lady drinks all the urine that she pees. All of it. Christ, better not give Bear Grylls a call seeing as he's out of a show now. [Gawker]
- The typical life of a Lamborghini owner. Get your hate ready. [Jalopnik]
- Get your tissues ready, as this is a real tear jerker. A 17-year-old ear-less bunny, set for super stardom in Germany has, unfortunately, met his tragic demise. Check out the sad story at the link. [The Daily What]
It's that time of the weekend again. Jon is presumably still passed out, but I'm awake now after a glorious tire fire last night in the backwoods of central Florida, so it looks like I'm the one leading you guys through this week's Hangover.
What have we been drinking? We're still on the vodka streak, as last night we moved on to the potent mix of Smirnoff Pear Vodka and 5 Hour Energy shots. Unfortunately, you can only have so many of these mixes before the caffeine becomes just a little too much, so after awhile we ditched the 5 Hour and finished the vodka off straight.
What else have we been up to?
- First off, just about everyone has seen the KONY 2012 ad campaign. War correspondant and expert in central African affairs Keith Harmon Snow offers up an excellent rebuttal. [YouTube]
- It has been a little while since we featured the Retsupurae guys here. Their latest video flashes back to an old Sega classic, Altered Beast. [YouTube]
- LSD also has the potential to treat alcoholism? A retrospective analysis of old studies is saying "yes." [Scientific American]
- We've been following The Coup and SSSC frontman Boots Riley on Facebook as he posts updates and commentary on the latest happenings with Occupy Oakland. [Facebook]
- Reading about Businessweek's financial analysis on social networking giant, Twitter. [Gawker]
- Listening to the fantastic new album by Memphis rockers Lucero, which is now up for free streaming before its release. [Rolling Stone]
Got any party stories to share from this week? Lets hear them in the comments, and until next week...
- Vodka. Again, lots and lots of vodka. This time round, Smirnoff was the vodka of choice. Mixed up with coke or 7-up was the way forward, and if I remember properly, lots and lots of shots.
- For some reason, looking at how wax replicas of cabbage are made. Looks tasty. [via Buzzfeed]
- Giggling at this Adventure Time clip all day. It's great, and I recommend watching the series too! [YouTube]
- Reading about how Lindsay Lohan is terrible at Pictionary and trying to remember if she's actually still relevant. [Buzzfeed]
- Checking out this USB Slingshot which is a match made in heaven for Angry Birds. [LikeCool]
- Reading about butt plugs and drunk driving in Florida. Need I say more? [Gawker]
- And watching in awe at some awesome Phantom shot super-slow-mo clips of the All-Star NBA game. Everything looks better in slow-mo. [YouTube]
Here's what we've been drinking:
- Vodka. Lots and lots of vodka. Friday night's vodka of choice was Absolut. Mixed up with coke or 7-up is always decent and simple.
- Beer. Cheap beer for me last night, just a few cans of Carlsberg here and there.
- Cider. Straight off the tap, Gaymers pear cider is delicious. Recommended.
- I really cannot express what kind of feelings are evoked by Vice's fairly old, but still messed up guide, to sex with donkeys. [Vice]
- Getting crunked to the funky collaboration between Rusko and Cypress Hill. [YouTube]
- Reading about Rihanna being quite hypocritical on Twitter. [Buzzfeed]
- Watching the first 30 minutes to Asura's Wrath just confirms how insane the game is. [Gamespot on YouTube]
- Following Hollywood funnyman, and new Twitter user, Steve Carell. [Twitter]
- Checking out Gawker's pretty interesting feature on Adrian Chen finding the man behind everyone's favourite Twitter spam bot, Horse_ebooks. [Gawker]