Recently in Cool Stuff
Continue reading College Kids Have Way Too Much Time On Their Hands.
Continue reading Neo Geo X Goes Official To Celebrate 20th Anniversary.
It's that time of the weekend again. Jon is presumably still passed out, but I'm awake now after a glorious tire fire last night in the backwoods of central Florida, so it looks like I'm the one leading you guys through this week's Hangover.
What have we been drinking? We're still on the vodka streak, as last night we moved on to the potent mix of Smirnoff Pear Vodka and 5 Hour Energy shots. Unfortunately, you can only have so many of these mixes before the caffeine becomes just a little too much, so after awhile we ditched the 5 Hour and finished the vodka off straight.
What else have we been up to?
- First off, just about everyone has seen the KONY 2012 ad campaign. War correspondant and expert in central African affairs Keith Harmon Snow offers up an excellent rebuttal. [YouTube]
- It has been a little while since we featured the Retsupurae guys here. Their latest video flashes back to an old Sega classic, Altered Beast. [YouTube]
- LSD also has the potential to treat alcoholism? A retrospective analysis of old studies is saying "yes." [Scientific American]
- We've been following The Coup and SSSC frontman Boots Riley on Facebook as he posts updates and commentary on the latest happenings with Occupy Oakland. [Facebook]
- Reading about Businessweek's financial analysis on social networking giant, Twitter. [Gawker]
- Listening to the fantastic new album by Memphis rockers Lucero, which is now up for free streaming before its release. [Rolling Stone]
Got any party stories to share from this week? Lets hear them in the comments, and until next week...
Images speak louder than words, so I'm just going to go ahead and leave this here. Definitely hit the source to see the glorious step-by-step to victory, and hey, maybe even try it yourself.
Source: [imgur.com via FRONT Magazine]
The legendary Dead Can Dance finally have announced the dates for their previously announced world tour. So far it's Europe only. However, Dead Can Dance have stated that it will be a world tour. So Dead Can Dance fans in the rest of the world, no need to pack your bags and head to Europe just yet! For those in Europe, clear your schedules and hit the jump to check out the tour dates.
Dead Can Dance announced that they are working on a new album in May last year.
Continue reading Legendary Weird Band Dead Can Dance Announce Euro Tour Dates.
Here's what we've been drinking:
- Vodka. Lots and lots of vodka. Friday night's vodka of choice was Absolut. Mixed up with coke or 7-up is always decent and simple.
- Beer. Cheap beer for me last night, just a few cans of Carlsberg here and there.
- Cider. Straight off the tap, Gaymers pear cider is delicious. Recommended.
- I really cannot express what kind of feelings are evoked by Vice's fairly old, but still messed up guide, to sex with donkeys. [Vice]
- Getting crunked to the funky collaboration between Rusko and Cypress Hill. [YouTube]
- Reading about Rihanna being quite hypocritical on Twitter. [Buzzfeed]
- Watching the first 30 minutes to Asura's Wrath just confirms how insane the game is. [Gamespot on YouTube]
- Following Hollywood funnyman, and new Twitter user, Steve Carell. [Twitter]
- Checking out Gawker's pretty interesting feature on Adrian Chen finding the man behind everyone's favourite Twitter spam bot, Horse_ebooks. [Gawker]
As the GameTrailers video above shows, Master Hand, the boss in the Smash Bros. series is actually playable in the game without using any Action Replay codes. The whole thing works by exploiting a glitch which allows you to go to the map selection screen without choosing a character. What this does is force the game to assign you the fighter with the first ID in the database, which is Master Hand. The reason it has to be player 3 is because Master Hand reserves that slot every time he is present.
Be warned though, as with other glitches in games, this will cause the game to go funky. Master Hand's controls are mapped to the wrong buttons and he is unbeatable because he cannot be launched off the platform (You don't get health in stock matches). The game also freezes from time to time if Master Hand is in play.
Continue reading Master Hand Playable in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
Officials for Guiness World Records were present at the E3 this year, honoring the best of the best with awards for their accomplishments. Contrary to what you might think, Nintendo is nowhere in sight, while everyone else including Microsoft and SEGA, are. This once again proves that Guinness should keep their hands several miles away from gaming, as the previous Top Franchises listing, was just as horrible as their current lineup. You may start raging now, or head inside for a full list of awards.
Continue reading Guinness Honors the Best of E3.
Today, Microsoft confirmed a Gears of War movie based upon the new video game Gears of War 3. While there have been many rumors about the film, it undoubtedly is not canceled. No additional information has been released about the film. Also released today to the press, Griffin, a new character in Gears of War 3, will be voiced by Ice-T.
Continue reading Gears of War movie confirmed.
Gamespot reported today that THQ confirmed a movie based on their game franchise Saints Row. In a twist of roles, the movie is going to accompany the new Saints Row 3 game. A "major filmmaker" is involved in the project according to THQ. The company plans on launching a full blow media campaign for the game in December this year. No specified release date has been given for either the movie or the game. [Source: Gamespot]
Continue reading Saints Row Movie Confirmed.