It's that time of the weekend again. Jon is presumably still passed out, but I'm awake now after a glorious tire fire last night in the backwoods of central Florida, so it looks like I'm the one leading you guys through this week's Hangover.
What have we been drinking? We're still on the vodka streak, as last night we moved on to the potent mix of Smirnoff Pear Vodka and 5 Hour Energy shots. Unfortunately, you can only have so many of these mixes before the caffeine becomes just a little too much, so after awhile we ditched the 5 Hour and finished the vodka off straight.
What else have we been up to?
- First off, just about everyone has seen the KONY 2012 ad campaign. War correspondant and expert in central African affairs Keith Harmon Snow offers up an excellent rebuttal. [YouTube]
- It has been a little while since we featured the Retsupurae guys here. Their latest video flashes back to an old Sega classic, Altered Beast. [YouTube]
- LSD also has the potential to treat alcoholism? A retrospective analysis of old studies is saying "yes." [Scientific American]
- We've been following The Coup and SSSC frontman Boots Riley on Facebook as he posts updates and commentary on the latest happenings with Occupy Oakland. [Facebook]
- Reading about Businessweek's financial analysis on social networking giant, Twitter. [Gawker]
- Listening to the fantastic new album by Memphis rockers Lucero, which is now up for free streaming before its release. [Rolling Stone]
Got any party stories to share from this week? Lets hear them in the comments, and until next week...